Protect yourself with one of Canada’s premier optional identity theft prevention service - Credit Alert®.
Credit Alert® Plus is an optional service that is comprised of a suite of tools that helps you proactively monitor, manage and protect your valuable credit and identity information.
- Credit Report: You will receive an easy-to-read copy of your Equifax credit report with your credit score so you can make sure that your information is accurate with no unexpected activity.
- Daily Monitoring and Surveillance: You will be alerted the next business day when there are certain changes to your account. Credit report inquiries address changes and new accounts opened, are key indicators of identity fraud, and are monitored from both major Canadian credit reporting agencies - Equifax and Trans Union. Mail or E-Mail alerts allow you to respond quickly when identity fraud is suspected.
- Quarterly credit update report: Every 3 months you will receive a new score, information on any new accounts opened, certain inquiries made, address changes and identification information changes.
- Credit education specialists: Our specialists are available to help you understand your credit report, walk you through some of the more complex credit or fraud issues, and help you understand how information is obtained and retained by the credit reporting agencies.
- Victim Assistance and Restoration: Access to trained specialists at the Credit Fraud Resource Centre who will walk you through the steps of restoring your credit if you should become a victim of identity theft.
- Security software: Help protect your computer and internet identity from hackers thanks to anti-virus and anti-key logging software.
- 24/7 online access: Access your credit information anytime on our website or through our mobile app.
$19.99 plus applicable taxes per month
(30 day trial period available at no cost)
Enroll Online: https://secure.alertservice.ca/mbna
Or call: 1-800-548-2610
9 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday to Friday (Eastern Time)
10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday (Eastern Time)